1.16.5 is a minor update to Java Edition released on January 15, 2021, which fixes issues related to server crashes. This version is compatible with servers running 1.16.4.
- From 1.16.3
- MC-203337 – java.lang.IllegalStateException: POI data mismatch: already registered.
- Fixed two major stability issues.
- This is the first time a major update has had a fifth minor release since 1.8.5.
- This is also the first minor version since 1.8.9 to be released during the snapshot process of the next major update, in this case 1.17.
- This was the first full version released in 2021.